NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. The "A Very Philly Christmas" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") consists of an online sweepstakes that begins on December 3, 2012 at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ends on December 16, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Except where otherwise stated, all times shall be United States Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("ET"). A day is the 24-hour period starting at 12:00:00 a.m. and ending the following 11:59:59 p.m. (a "Day"). The Sweepstakes is available in the United States only. Void where prohibited. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules.
2. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY/TO WIN.
a. Eligibility to Enter: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of United States only. Must be 18 years of age or older. You are not eligible if you are an employee of a company working for the Sponsor or an employee of the Sponsor or a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings or spouse, regardless of where they reside) or household of any of the above persons. By entering, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes.
b. Agreement to Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is conducted in the United States by Delcotimes.com (the "Sponsor"), and each person who participates in the Sweepstakes (each "Participant") unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes.
c. Eligibility To Win: Winner must be in compliance with these Official Rules in order to receive the Prize (described below). Sponsor reserves the right to verify a potential winner's eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
3. HOW TO PLAY. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must provide the Sponsor with your name, email address and date of birth. Limit: one entry per person per email address per day. Sponsor will not be responsible for entries lost, delayed, incomplete or misdirected. Entries will become the sole property of Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, you expressly consent to receiving emails containing promotional offers from Sponsor and third parties, and to the use of your name for advertising, publicity or any other purposes whatsoever, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, without compensation, as Sponsor elects. Entries are deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at the time of entry.
4. HOW TO WIN. At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the name of the winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. A potential winner will be contacted through the submitted email address. The potential winner will be asked to provide his/her full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner is contacted by email for verification purposes, he/she will have three (3) business days within which to respond to the notification email, or he/she will be disqualified and his/her prize forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, he/she is found to be ineligible, he/she cannot or does not comply with these official rules, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion.
5. PRIZE. One (1) Prize will be awarded. The Prize will be a gift card for $500 to PhillyTeamStore.com. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. PhillyTeamStore.com is not a participant in or a sponsor of this sweepstakes. The Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, express or implied. The Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
6. GENERAL RELEASE AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees and acknowledges to be bound by these Official Rules, all Sponsor-related terms and conditions, as well as the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules, and that Sponsor and Sponsor's affiliated entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in contest; acceptance/possession (including, but not limited to, delays by shipping companies), defects, and/or use/misuse of any prize; discontinued prize; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access Sponsor, its affiliated entities and their respective websites, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant's (or any third person's) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of Sponsor or any one of its affiliated entities. Each participant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Sponsor's affiliated entities from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor or its affiliated entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor and Sponsor's affiliated entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that may be sent along with a prize. Sponsor and Sponsor's affiliated entities shall in no event be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the prize suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Title of this contest may change during the contest.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING ANY PRIZE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND THE SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply.
a. Disqualification: Disqualification: It is the Participant's sole responsibility to ensure that he or she has complied in full with all conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated, third party or other automated or robotic entries, in whole or in part, will be accepted. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the Participant and/or originating by any other mechanism, including but not limited to commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
b. Force Majeure/Printing and Production Errors: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Sweepstakes in any way if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including, without limitation, computer viruses or other deleterious programs or materials, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper play, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Only the type and quantity of Prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
c. Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor.
d. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between Participant and the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Pennsylvania including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's or jurisdiction's laws. Other restrictions may apply. All rights reserved.
9. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules will be posted on Delcotimes.com. To receive a copy of the Official Rules, by mail, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests must be received by December 16, 2012. Limit one (1) request per address.
10. SPONSOR. The 2012 A Very Philly Christmas Sweepstakes is sponsored by Delcotimes.com, Pennsylvania's leading source for local Delaware County news, sports, business, politics, entertainment, health and information.